Sarah Pellenbarg has focused her practice on appellate work for most of her legal career. Formerly an appellate attorney with Holland & Knight LLP, Sarah was the first attorney hired by Brannock Berman & Seider after its founding in 2009. Sarah has extensive experience with complex commercial appeals in the Florida District Courts of Appeal and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. She has also briefed and argued personal injury appeals throughout the state.
Sarah is active in the legal and local community. In the past, she has assisted domestic violence victims with obtaining injunctions in Hillsborough County. She served on the board of directors for A Brighter Community—a nonprofit preschool in Tampa that serves at-risk children. She was also the community services advisor at MacFarlane Park Elementary Magnet School.
Sarah and her husband, also a lawyer, have four children. Sarah and her family are world travelers: in recent years, they have visited Mexico City, London, Quebec, and Barcelona.
- University of Richmond, B.A.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors
Certifications and Bar Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh and Federal Circuits
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- All Florida Courts
Honors and Distinctions
- Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Appellate Practice Section
- Environmental & Land Use Section
- North Tampa Bar Association
- Second District Court of Appeal Historical Society
- “Federal Interlocutory Appeals—Jurisdiction and Procedure,” (May 1, 2009)
- “Justice Canady: A Wealth of Diverse Experience, A Deep Respect for the Law,” The Record (Florida Bar’s Appellate Practice Section), Summer 2009
- “Federal Law Appellate Update,” The Record (Florida Bar’s Appellate Practice Section), Winter 2006
- “Confronting a PCA: Finding a Path Around a Brick Wall,” 23 Stetson Law Review 367, Winter 2003
- “Supreme Court Procedures and Practices,” Chapter Author, Florida Appellate Practice Guide
Sarah served on the Board of Directors for A Brighter Community from 2006-2009, and has volunteered in assisting domestic violence victims with obtaining injunctions in Hillsborough County. She also served as services advisor at her children’s school, MacFarlane Park Elementary Magnet School.